Easton, Pennsylvania (610) 258 - 7079

Marriage Dissolution

Commonly called a divorce, this terminates a valid marriage. Pennsylvania allows specific grounds for divorce, whether it is contested or uncontested. When couples dissolve their marriage, the parties must reach agreements concerning spousal support, child custody and support, and property division, among other things. If such agreements cannot be reached, the court will decide these issues based on Pennsylvania law. I can advise you on what grounds you can seek a divorce, and help you negotiate the various agreements needed to terminate the marriage. If necessary, I will represent your interests before the court.


Going through a divorce is never easy. The change in family structure, the arguments regarding splitting the household, the fights over the kids’ future: all these contribute to the stress and anxiety of the situation.

At the law office of Ellen S. Kingsley, in Easton, Pennsylvania, I focus my practice on family law, and as a result, I have a clear understanding of the difficulties and challenges my clients are going through. I offer supportive representation to clients throughout the Lehigh Valley area, taking the time to truly understand their situations so I can advise on the best options for their needs.

My Divorce and Family Law Practice

My practice involves all matters of divorce, including:

  • Child custody and visitation
  • Alimony (spousal support)
  • Child support
  • Property division
  • Pet custody

I can also handle grandparents’ rights issues and family adoption matters if the situation requires it.  I believe in addressing all these issues upfront with my clients so that there are no surprises later on in the process. I make sure they know what is at stake and help them make good decisions for moving forward.

Post-Divorce Modifications

In addition to representing clients during the dissolutions of their marriages, I also handle post-judgment matters such as modifications and relocation issues. When a parent gets a new job or an older child requests a change in a visitation schedule, the original court order must be changed. I can help you make a formal request to change the divorce decree to avoid potential contempt of court actions.